Thursday, April 24, 2014

Cleaning Combustion Chambers

It's time to get back on the bike project.
As you can see, my combustion chambers were covered in carbon deposits.

I did some scrubbing on this one by hand, with the help of some carb cleaner.  It worked pretty well, but it was miserable work.  I needed something better.

A little time on YouTube taught me that brass brushes in rotary tools are an option.  I went to Harbor Freight and picked some up.  It worked like a charm.

I still need to get the valves out and clean them and the seats.  The exhaust valves are pretty rough.  I need to figure out if they need to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment