Unfortunately, the idea of going through the second carb wasn't very appealing, so it sat untouched until today.
Unlike when I did the first carb, I set up a nice work area.
I then applied penetrating oil to all the bits that were to be unscrewed. This is a very important step.
Here's the cap and diaphragm removed. The needle must be cleaned and returned to the correct position. I have new diaphragms, but the old ones were intact, so I held off on replacing them.
This is the choke (center) and throttle assembly (left). Notice the rust.
Here's the choke housing removed.
This is what it looked like fully disassembled. I took every one of these parts and cleaned them as well as possible.
I was prepared for this project with a carburetor rebuild kit. It includes gaskets, o-rings and new diaphragms.
Here's the difference between the old and new o-ring.
After cleaning and or sanding all the bits, I put it all back together again, and it looked like this.
You will notice the choke cable holder on this cap it a little crushed. That happened when the carb fell off the storage shelf. It was very unfortunate. I'm going to try to salvage it, but I might have to buy a new cap.