beautiful couch is a two-piece sectional, and it is always trying to separate itself. I have been thinking of fastening the two pieces together for a long time, so I finally flipped the pieces on their sides to figure out how I wanted to accomplish this.
To my surprise, there was already a device installed for this very purpose, called a Sofa Snap. Unfortunately, only one half of the unit was there.
That meant I would have to fabricate the other, simpler half. I started by going through my garbage can to retrieve an L-bracket I knew I had recently thrown away. It had been on some lumber we had burned, and I threw it out with the ashes.
I then started grinding and filing.
I eventually got the shape I needed and hit it with a coat of paint.
I screwed it into position. I put some paper behind it because I was too impatient to let the paint fully dry.
And locked the couch together. It seems to work perfectly. Hopefully it continues to hold.