I have finally gotten the frame completely bare. It wasn't easy, but with a little help, I got it.
The first step was removing the engine. I came out easily enough, but it is a cumbersome little bugger. It looks even more absurd outside the bike.
The final step was removing the fork. Getting the two legs of the fork out was quite a process. After removing the 36mm nut that I had previously loosened, they didn't want to slide out of the bottom clamping unit. That resulted in the process you see below--basing a hatchet into the gap to expand the clamping piece. This allowed the uprights to eventually slide out...reluctantly.
After that, I had to remove the triple tree, which was not easy either. The bearing was very well seated, and after breaking the very tight nut free, it didn't want to release. I proceeded to repeatedly bash it with the dead blow hammer until it came out. That left me with the bare frame at the top of this page.
Now the real work can begin.
Post a Comment